Keller is the world leader in geotechnical construction and deep foundations. With a North American presence of over 100 years, we operate as the market leader with over 50 offices throughout the US and Canada. By connecting global resources and local experience, Keller develops innovative, practical, and cost-effective solutions to geotechnical challenges. Our values of integrity, collaboration, and excellence enable us to lead the industry in providing the optimal solution for our clients. Keller is looking for an experienced Branch Accountant based out of our Miami, FL location.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the maintenance of all project accounting records for all projects performed and managed from the Keller Miami location. Insure proper information including payroll, accounts payable, receiving and revenue recognition is posted on a weekly basis
- Reports directly to the VP of Finance of the Keller Florida Business Unit
- Collaborate with the project management teams in the monitoring and review of all project billing requisitions, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Perform general accounts receivable functions such as preparing and submitting customer invoices; code, post and receipt of payments; monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payment.
- Assist in review of all business unit costs on a monthly basis. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Participate in month-end close out activities including revenue recognition, the preparation and review of journal entries and review of budget-to-actual reports.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items.
- Responsive and attentive to the requests/needs of internal and external clients – including Project Managers, vendors and subcontractors.
- BS Degree in Accounting.
- 4-5 years hands-on accounting experience, preferably within the construction sector.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to use relevant accounting software and reporting systems are required.
- Excellent computer skills are a must, along with fundamental understanding of financial statement preparation.
- The ability to prioritize within an ever-changing environment and the ability to troubleshoot with minimal direction.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Able to clearly communicate with team members.
Keller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer