Suncoast Post-Tension Ltd, a Keller Company, is an established post tension and rebar manufacturing company that has been in business for over 30 years. We supply construction related materials to builders from one of our eight manufacturing facilities in the US. We offer great medical benefits, 401K and competitive salary! We are looking for a CAD Drafter/Project Coordinator to join our team near Phoenix, AZ. In this position, you will be responsible for the design and placement drawings for post-tensioned concrete structures. We are willing to train recent graduates or those with experience in AutoCAD. You do not need to be a pro to become a part of the team! We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and basic AutoCAD skills.
Duties will include:
- Contacting the customer at project start-up and build a professional relationship
- Developing and proposing construction joint layouts and construction sequences
- Creating drawing submittal schedules based on the customer’s construction requirements and monitor progress required to maintain schedule
- Identifying any construction problems and implement solutions
- Producing installation drawings and calculations according to contract documents
- Applying revisions to placement drawings and calculations according to comments on approved drawings and/or structural revisions
- Identifying revisions that require contract change orders
- Material takeoff for change order process
- Issuing placement drawings for construction prior to material fabrication
- Material take off of support and back up bar for fabrication
- Communicating with Operations Department personnel to ensure the correct materials are fabricated and delivered according to the customers construction schedule
- Maintaining electronic copies of all submittals and correspondence according to company policy
Qualified candidates will have CAD related AS Degree preferred or equivalent work experience as CAD Drafter/Technician. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Strong math skills and proficiency with AutoCAD (2010+) is required; 3D thinking abilities are required. Suncoast Post-Tension Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.