POSITION SUMMARYThe Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for safe and technically proficient operation of equipment assigned.
Signing bonus up to $750.00
- Operate the paver and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Make normal operating adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finished cross section.
- May occasionally operate paving equipment, including: power broom, plate compactor, paving machine, shuttle buggy and/or vibratory roller.
- Other miscellaneous duties include but not limited to; equipment maintenance, assisting foreperson and/or crew members as needed.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, inspectors, engineers, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time;
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in company policy and OSHA/MSHA regulations.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3-5 years Operator Experience
- OSHA 10
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”