DescriptionAre you an engineer and/or account manager that enjoys working with clients and take satisfaction in helping them succeed? Does travel and getting out of the office to meet & learn from experts in the field excite you?Geocomp is seeking someone with geotechnical laboratory testing experience and/or experience selling materials testing products to help grow North American sales of our widely respected, fully automated laboratory testing systems. In this position you'll be working in a highly skilled, close-knit team using your technical knowledge and communication skills to provide customer solutions across our complete range of products while delivering best-value products and services to clients.Depending on qualifications and location there is potential for the candidate to work remotely.You will be a key point of contact for our clients and provide both pre- and post-sale intelligence. Clients are typically technical staff from universities, research facilities, government agencies, and private laboratories worldwide. To accomplish goals, you’ll interact regularly with other members of our sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, including: R&D, production, marketing, logistics, and senior managers. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Use technical knowledge and prior experience to guide prospective and current customers in choosing products to best solve their research or business needs.
- Manage and support an assigned territory and customer base, including regular follow ups and site visits to ensure sales targets are met.
- Manage the complete sales cycle from lead generation through close of sale.
- Prospect for new customers in the sectors assigned to you.
- Work in concert with our sales & marketing teams to ensure that your prospects and customers are provided with accurate, credible and compelling materials to purchase and use our products.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Research, Development and Production staff to understand our equipment, develop quotes for customized systems and receive training to provide front line technical assistance and/or training to customers.
- Analyze customer needs and sales data to help understand and communicate trends.
- Team with the Products Sales Manager to develop and execute the annual business plan.
- Source, develop, and maintain client & industry relationships and referrals.
- Maintain accurate records of all prospecting activities including leads, sales calls, presentations, closed sales and follow-up activities in Geocomp’s CRM platform.
- Provide periodic reports on activities and results and participate in sales & marketing meetings.
- Participate in trade shows, conferences, and networking events.
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how products meet customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or related field
- Experience selling and/or supporting geotechnical or engineering products is a plus but not required
- Experience and interest in geotechnical and/or construction materials testing
- General knowledge of materials testing standards – ASTM, AASHTO, etc.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites mainly US and Canada, with potential for international travel as well
- Enthusiasm for achieving organizational goals of a growing company
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency – specifically Microsoft Office programs and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (Salesforce preferred)
About Geocomp:Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
- Geocomp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, creed, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
- If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department at 978-635-0012 and asking for Human Resources. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use, or require assistance with, the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
- Geocomp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant