DescriptionGeocomp is seeking a full-time Engineer with a geotechnical background and project management experience to join our team of highly skilled engineers in our Acton, MA headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high performing growth-oriented professional consulting group.When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow, and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp’s environment. Job Expectations:In this role you will work closely with a team of professionals in our Consulting Services division. You will manage mid-size to large geotechnical projects and you will provide your technical expertise to exceed our client expectations. You will routinely interact or manage relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and other stakeholders and will ensure deliverables are on time and within scope and budget.Additional responsibilities will include:
- Review complete project documents for conformity to company standards and quality assurance.
- Under guidance and review of the Senior Project Manager, you will:
- Plan project scope of work
- Prepare proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs
- Prepare budgets
- Prepare technical reports
- Prepare required calculations and identify areas where additional expertise is needed and takes ownership for filling in knowledge gaps.
- Prepare draft of specifications and drawings
- Develop new techniques and/or improves processes, materials or products.
- Attendance at conferences and networking events
- Other responsibilities as needed
QualificationsDesired Skills and Experience:
- Engineer with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer (or ability to obtain PE within 1 year)
- Strong collaboration with ability to work effectively with colleagues and within multidisciplinary teams
- Strong time and people management skills
- Excellent client interface skills with strong commitment to client service
- Willingness to travel and spend time on project site during critical stages
About Geocomp:Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
- Geocomp is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, creed, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
- If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, you may request accommodation by contacting the Human Resources Department at 978-635-0012 and asking for Human Resources. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use, or require assistance with, the online tools as the result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
- Geocomp will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant