KPFF Los Angeles Structural is looking for Structural and Civil Engineering professionals who are self-motivated and eager to deepen their knowledge of structural engineering while gaining real-world experience.Our engineers work in a team structure that allows frequent collaboration and connection to all layers of our organization, from interns to Principals. We foster a culture where our engineers collaborate outside of the project work through social events, educational programs and technical training. We provide numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning, and teaching. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your career here.In order to be considered, submit unlocked PDFs of your most current transcripts for all undergraduate & graduate coursework along with a cover letter.In your cover letter (PDF) please respond to the following prompts:
- Describe a time when you were assigned a project or task that turned out to be really difficult. How did you work through it, and what was the outcome?
- Who has most influenced you and why?
If you are interested in this position, please click on the “Apply” button below. Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Excellent interpersonal communication and professional demeanor
- Effectively work on a team with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid technical skills
- Ability to independently plan, document, organize, and engage in problem solving
- Excellent research and information gathering skills
- BS in Civil Engineering (with an emphasis in Structures)
- Transcripts must show completed courses in:
- Steel or Wood Design
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA or above in Bachelor’s coursework
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
- Candidates with transcripts showing completed graduate coursework in:
- Structural Design
- Steel or Wood Design
- Previous intern or full-time experience in a Structural or Civil Engineering role
- EIT Certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- May occasionally need to lift items up to 15 lbs.
Our EmployeesAre valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Los Angeles Structural office is located at the Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles. A warm and friendly environment, we are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. Min. Experience0 YearsMin. EducationBachelor's DegreeSpecialtyJob TypePermanent