COMPANY INFORMATIONKPFF Consulting Engineers Lacey office works with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects to provide Civil Engineering design and Surveying for site and roadway improvements KPFF has been in business since 1960 and has an excellent reputation as an industry leader. We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth, and work hard at providing a solid, team oriented structure with minimal organizational restrictions. We hire people who are creative, highly skilled, and who approach each job with integrity and in the best interest of the client.We are an engineering-focused company that is organized around the precept that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support. Trust and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.We focus on the long term: Build lasting relationships, maintain an excellent reputation, help improve our profession, help our clients to succeed, and provide increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.KPFF Consulting Engineers is an engineering firm with over 1,000 employees nationwide, headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We offer:
- Competitive Benefits
- Competitive salaries
- Performance based bonuses
- Flexible working hours
- Great work environment
JOB DESCRIPTIONManage civil engineering projects for public and private site development projects of all sizes. Scope of services ranges from preparing site feasibility and planning efforts to site layout design, grading, drainage, storm water management, utility improvements, roadway infrastructure design, levee design, and ADA code compliant site assessments.
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Project Manager that thrives working in a team oriented culture for our Civil Engineering Group to manage and design a wide variety of projects.
As a Project Manager/Civil Engineering, you may be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for management of specific projects.
- Primary interface with clients on project coordination and design.
- Supervise and direct project engineers and drafters.
- Directly responsible for the technical content and quality control on specific projects, as established with Principal-In-Charge.
- Establishing project fees, managing budget and scheduling commitments with Principal-In-Charge of the project.
- Track project cost and timing to ensure fulfillment of contract commitments and profitability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS5 years relevant experience in site planning, storm drainage water quality and quantity control, hydrology, grading, utility, roadways, parking facilities, and all other aspects of site development for a wide variety of project types.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to function effectively in teamwork environment; and ability to focus on client satisfaction.
- Proven time management skills; ability to manage multiple active projects concurrently.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. license in Washington
- Working knowledge of codes, regulations, and standards applicable to the design and construction of major site development projects in Washington.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microsoft Office, Western Washington Hydraulic Model (WWHM), StormShed, WaterCAD, Flowmaster, AutoTurn, etc.).
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking the “apply now” link below. Applications should include resume and cover letter. Why KPFFWe believe that people are at their best when they have a purpose and are self-motivated from the core of their ideology. We believe in giving individual’s the opportunity to pursue and develop an area of expertise and practice that follows their passion and improves our team and culture. We believe in supporting these pursuits both professionally and personally. This belief is at the core of our employees and KPFF’s success.Min. Experience5 yearsMin. EducationBachelor's DegreeSpecialtyJob TypePermanent