Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions. Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has openings for Geotechnical Engineers – 3+ Years Experience in our Parsippany, NJ office. As the successful candidate, you will be working alongside a professional engineer on exciting projects to provide field inspection of construction work for conformance to project documents and the Building Code. You will assist with preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. Possession of a strong technical education, practical field experience, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required, Master’s degree preferred;
- EIT certification preferred;
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of field experience with geotechnical investigations and construction inspections;
- Office experience with investigation and field work coordination, geotechnical reports, and specification writing preferred;
- Desired field experience in areas such as: earthwork, driven and drilled pile construction, load testing, footings subgrade and backfill inspection, ground improvements, retaining wall design and construction, and excavation support system design and inspection;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to spend at least 75% of time working in the field;
- Possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with willingness to work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer