Tectonic’s Geotechnical Group is currently seeking a full-time Geologist to work on projects within the Jersey City, NJ area. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The essential functions of this position will include utilizing necessary field equipment to perform several types of geotechnical inspections and investigations, including boring and test pit inspections, foundation analysis, environmental site assessment, air monitoring, vibration studies, and subsurface investigations. Testing procedures and inspections may also include conducting in-place density testing of soils and/or asphalt using a Troxler gauge. Essential functions also include the preparation of Daily Field Reports and communicating deficiencies observed in the field to project managers, contractors, and/or client representatives, and the interpretation of drawings and documents, including work orders and build documents, as well as all other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidates must possess a BS in Geology;
- Prior geotechnical experience and/or possession of a valid ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Certification and/or a valid Troxler Gauge certification is a plus;
- Must have the ability to read and understand written specifications for work orders and build documents;
- Must be able to effectively communicate with clients, supervisors, and inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results;
- Must be detail oriented;
- Must be able to complete written reports in a timely manner;
- Must be able to obtain NICET, Troxler Gauge, ACI Concrete, and OSHA 10 Hour Construction Certifications within a reasonable period of time;
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to job sites, as regular daily travel is required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS While performing the essential functions of this position, it is frequently necessary to:
- Assume a stationary position,
- Handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job;
- Communicate with colleagues, supervisors, and clients using Company email and telephone systems;
- Move around on the job-site, including ascending or descending on the landscape or on a ladder, and positioning oneself appropriately to access necessary testing materials and equipment, usually for prolonged periods of time,
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. for some types of monitoring and inspections,
- Good visual skills, including focused depth perception, and
- Regular daily operations of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
Employees may also be required to undergo substance abuse testing in accordance with project requirements, US DOT Regulations, and/or Company policy. The employee may occasionally be required to operate a computer, as well as other related office machinery, such as calculators, printers, and copy machines. The physical demands described above are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class. Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.