Job DescriptionGeotechnical Project Engineer:
Job Description:General Responsibilities:
Provide geotechnical engineering and consulting services for a broad range of project types and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field subsurface investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services. Services will be provided for water/wastewater, transportation, commercial buildings, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform geotechnical engineering tasks including determination of project scopes, developing appropriate field investigation program for site subsurface characterization, engineering analyses (shallow and/or deep foundation, earthwork, slope stability, seepage), for water treatment plants, levees, embankments, roadways and pavements, flood control structures, retaining walls, bridges, buildings, and other infrastructure projects.
- Use geotechnical software to perform seepage, stability, and deformation analyses for problems across a range of complexities.
- Manage medium to large size projects.
- Write and prepare geotechnical engineering reports detailing services provided, findings, and recommendations.
- Review soil samples and assign geotechnical laboratory testing.
- Interact directly with client and project team on developing scope of services and cost estimates, communicating project progress and findings and recommendations.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key group metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrate safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering. M.S. in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.