Job DescriptionFugro USA Land, Inc. in Walnut Creek, CA is interested in hiring a Senior Geotechnical Engineer with full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments. Plan and develop engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial issues. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches. Requires extensive progressive experience. Manage and conduct both simple and complex projects and pursuits. Operate with independent action and responsible judgment. May supervise groups of staff or independent business units so the operation meets assigned financial goals and Fugro's professional standards.Job Responsibilities:
- In a supervisory capacity, plan, develop, coordinate and direct a number of large and important projects or project of major scope and importance with a small staff of engineers. Responsible for successful execution of engineering program.
- Conceive, plan, and conduct research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity. Identify critical gaps, related to the problem that may be largely lacking due to the novel character of the project.
- Participate in selecting project team, and assign duties to the project team, monitor their progress and check accuracy of completed work.
- Serve as the technical specialist for the company in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
- Mentor direct reports with the purpose of professional development. Requires identification and recommendation of advanced training needs.
- Create and/or provide review of proposals and reports.
- Typically, the "Engineer-of-record" on major projects and approve changes to design during construction.
- Ensure commitments to clients are met in budget, timeliness, and accuracy to maintain close relationship with client throughout development of the project and beyond.
- Assist in business development, recruitment, and hiring.
- Produce accurate and timely invoices with the ability to collect fees from clients in a timely manner.
- Be able to travel extensively (required), both domestically and internationally.
- Meet utilization goals as determined by senior management.
- Provide leadership in the firm and set an example consistent with exemplary ethical standards.
- Observe and follow all company safety rules and procedures.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without restrictions.
- Master's degree or higher in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 + years of relevant experience with management of medium to large engineering projects.
- Possess a Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of California.
- Possess current driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Effective verbal and written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work as Team Leader to achieve desired results.
- Ability to competently and professionally present project materials in client meetings, including identifying and mitigating client concerns.
- Excellent written communication skills including comprehensive understanding of writing for engineering documents and related legal terminology.
- Effective client relationship management with a dedicated client base and the proven ability to book annual revenue.
- Proven ability to contribute inventions, new designs or techniques, which are of material significance in the solution of important problems.
- Publish engineering papers, articles, and textbooks. Make presentations, give lectures, and provide training.
- Stay abreast of current professional practices, periodicals, and technological advancements in engineering for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- A broad range of voluntary benefits.
- An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.
We offer:As the world’s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.