Job Summary:The Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager is responsible for applying knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related field while making decisions independently on engineering problems and methods. This individual must have progressive experience and technical expertise and will be responsible for the supervision of 5-7 direct reports.Job Responsibilities:
- With minimal supervision and much decision-making: In a supervisory capacity, plan, develop, coordinate, and direct large and important engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features with a small staff of engineers and technicians.
- Carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or refined equipment, materials, processes, products, and/or scientific methods.
- Estimate workforce needs and schedules and assign work to meet completion date.
- Ensure commitments to clients are met in budget, timeliness and accuracy to maintain close relationship with client throughout development of project and beyond.
- Ability to competently and professionally present project materials in client meetings, including identifying and mitigating client concerns.
- Excellent written communication skills including comprehensive understanding of writing for engineering documents and related legal terminology.
- Superior technical knowledge of engineering discipline with commitment to continual improvement.
- Stay abreast of current professional practices, periodicals, and technological advancements in engineering.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Geology or equivalent required. Masters or Ph. D. preferred.
- Licensed Professional Engineer required.
- 10 years relevant, post-graduate experience preferred.
- Possess or can obtain passport
- Valid driver's license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.BenefitsAt Fugro, we value people and offer a broad range of benefits which include, but are not limited to:• A choice of Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.• Basic Group Life and AD&D Insurance.• Short-term and Long-term Disability.• A broad range of voluntary benefits.• An employer matched, 100% vested 401(k) Plan.We offer:A career at Fugro means challenging work in an international environment. You work in motivated teams with colleagues from all over the world. As Fugro we are proud to provide geo-intelligence and asset integrity solutions to contribute to a live-able world. As a market leader in geo-information, Fugro offers a unique combination of state of the art 3D technology, software development and engineering for our clients. Fugro is an international company with a wide range of global career potential.How to apply?If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.Fugro USA posting DisclaimerFugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.