Aspect Consulting, LLC, an earth science and engineering consulting firm, has an exciting opportunity for an entry level water right specialist with experience and interest leading to licensure as a Certified Water Right Examiner. This position will support our growing Water Resources practice on a variety of existing and upcoming projects in 2020. The role is a full-time, career-track position with an initial professional development focus on water right beneficial use investigations, water right transfers, and eventually project and client management.
- Review and interpret water right files
- Review and interpret water use data including aerial photos, metering data, land use, and crop records
- Conduct field investigations, including estimation of water use, well inspections, streamflow monitoring, and a range of related activities to support water resource projects
- Performing simple to complex quantitative spreadsheet analyses
- Presentations of technical information to state and local agencies and the public
- Technical report writing
- Bachelor of Science degree in geology, engineering, environmental science, environmental planning, geography, or related fields
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master of Science degree in qualifying fields
- 0 to 3 years of experience in conducting water right reviews or water right transfers
- Professional certifications (e.g., Geologist-in-Training (GIT), Engineer in Training (EIT), or Certified Water Right Examiner (CWRE))
- Ability to collect interpret complex water policy and legal issues, including a high level of attention to detail and thorough documentation
- Practical knowledge of GIS/CAD, data entry and management using excel and database software, and field data collection and analysis methods
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Clear writing and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions in rugged and sometimes remote field locations for extended periods of time
- Must be able to travel long distances and accommodate occasional overnight travel, travel is most often in central Washington, greater Puget Sound, and northern Oregon
- Must be able to operate cars, vans, and pickup trucks in various weather conditions and after dark.
- Interactive team of nearly 100 professionals across seven offices in Washington and Oregon. Preferred location is Yakima or Olympia.
- Casual, collaborative, and professional office environment.