Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing and we currently are seeking a Geotechnical Project Manager with strong technical and leadership skills to work in the real estate development and institutions market sectors to interact with clients and manage projects that require site characterization; due diligence assessments; environmental investigation related to soil, groundwater, and vapor intrusion issues; regulatory interaction; and field support during remedy implementation and construction. We offer engineers the opportunity to work on challenging environmental and integrated environmental/geotechnical services projects for a wide range of clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position will be located in our Boston, MA office.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES The successful candidate will:
- Understand client needs and is able to develop strong client relationships
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables and regulatory submittals
- Be effective in assigning and managing work
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Have skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and schedulingHave experience in planning and directing environmental field observation and testing programs; including laboratory test selection and data evaluation
- Work collaboratively and lead multi-disciplinary project teams on all aspects the project to address client goals and objectives; with primary focus on:site investigations to delineate the extent of contamination in soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, and soil gas; including Phase I/Phase II environmental assessments developing remedial alternative analysis assessments and remedial action work plans; and
preparing proposals, project report/deliverables, and regulatory compliance submissions
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in civil or environmental engineering, geology/hydrogeology, environmental science, or related field; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of environmental experience.
- Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a Licensed Site Professional and/or Professional Engineer.
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER and MSHA new miner training required·
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.