SUMMARY/COMPANY INFO Looking for a place to build your consulting career where you can work with industry leaders who are solving the world’s toughest problems with innovative solutions? Do you have experience in hydrogeology and sustainable groundwater management? Haley & Aldrich could be the place for you! We are a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Manufacturing Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing and we are currently seeking a Staff/Senior Hydrogeologist with exceptional technical skills to support, and deliver diverse projects in the areas of water resources, environmental site characterization, urban construction and mining across the United States. Projects typically involve hydrologic and water resource studies, groundwater recharge, construction dewatering, contaminant investigations, and fate and transport modeling. Our projects include developing innovative solutions to our clients’ most challenging needs, including those related to emerging contaminants such as 1,4-Dioxane and PFAS, geothermal heating and cooling, and sustainable groundwater management.
Strong technical skills in hydrogeology, client engagement and written and verbal communication are essential. This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level professional looking to advance their career to the next level with a national professional services and consulting leader. This is a full-time position in our Boston, MA office - additional consideration for other offices include Manchester, NH, Oakland, CA, Phoenix, AZ.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESThe successful candidate will:
- Oversee data synthesis, and analysis using innovative procedures.
- Manage staff engaged in drilling and data collection.
- Design, conduct and analyze aquifer tests and other hydrologic analyses.
- Assist in identifying technical issues and problem-solving approaches for hydrogeological site characterization.
- Prepare reports, including data presentation such as; potentiometric surface maps, geologic and hydrogeological cross-sections and maps, site conceptual models, groundwater flow and transport model simulations.
- Conduct groundwater flow modeling to support stormwater recharge design, construction dewatering assessments, and contaminant fate and transport.Modeling skills must include efficient pre-processing through database-supported software.
- Be proficient with leading edge data visualization techniques to convey geologic, hydrogeologic, and environmental data to multiple stakeholders with varying technical backgrounds.
- M.S. degree in Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or related disciplines.Course work in quantitative physical and chemical hydrogeology. PhD degree with appropriate specialty desirable but not required
- 3-5 years of work experience in the hydrogeology discipline
- PG or PE licensure preferred or ability to obtain within 3 years
- Proficient using groundwater modeling programs, MLU, Groundwater Vistas, Visual Modflow
- Proficient in spatial data analysis using ArcGIS
- Proficient with Environmental Visualization Software (EVS)
- Must possess unwavering commitment to company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training required
- Strong familiarity with environmental and water resources regulations
About Haley & AldrichHaley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.