GEOTECHNICALSERVICE GROUP TEAMGROUP LEADER: Joel W. Rinkel, PELOCATION: New Albany, Indiana
SME is seeking a Senior Staff/Project Engineer for a regular, full-time position with our Geotechnical Services group in our New Albany, Indiana office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Conducting and/or directing geotechnical evaluations including associated field work;
• Routine lab work;
• Report preparation;
• Field inspection of foundations; and
• Assisting with other special projects.
Requirements for this position includes:
• A MS in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering;
• Proven track record of building a practice and knowledge of local market and existing relationships with local clients a plus;
• Field experience related to foundation (deep and shallow) inspections a plus;
• Pavement design experience a plus;
• Ability to read plans and specifications;
• Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills;
• The ability to work independently or as part of a team;
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts;
• A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner; and
• A clean driving record.
SME offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/optical, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.