NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives. GeoDesign’s Wilsonville office is seeking a Geotechnical Staff Engineer for projects in the Portland metro area markets. Our firm is an NV5 company and provides a full range of geotechnical engineering, environmental, geological, pavement, and mining consulting services. Company wide, GeoDesign’s team includes more than 90 dedicated engineers, geologists, environmental scientists, technical staff, and support personnel but we are part of a more than 2,500 person firm offering vast opportunities nationwide.
- The position includes performing geotechnical field exploration; writing daily field reports; construction monitoring and laboratory testing
- Candidates will be part of a team that conducts geotechnical analysis; prepares engineering reports and project deliverables
- The team observes construction to assure compliance with design documents
- Minimum two years prior experience in the field with their EIT or a Master’s degree with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- May require short term domestic travel
- A valid driver's license and vehicle insurance is required
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.