NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Energy, Program Management, and Environmental. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives. NV5, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, self-driven GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER for a leadership position in its Ventura, CA office. The Ventura office provides consulting engineering services which include, conventional geotechnical services and construction materials testing services, as well as, advanced geotechnical engineering for hillside design, retaining structures, bridges, seismic analyses, and forensic geotechnical engineering. Our client base is in both the commercial and public sectors.
- Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including, engineering analysis and report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services.
- Provide senior level review of proposals and reports, and ensure that commitments to clients are met.
- Direct and develop proposals and presentations and assist in business development activities.
- Actively participate in professional and technical organizations.
- Candidates must have experience with public works and transportation projects.
- Must have experience with Geotechnical design and calculations for permanent and temporary support systems for excavation and building foundations.
- Seismic risk analysis and soil structure interaction analyses abilities.
- A qualified candidate should have at least 5 years of relevant geotechnical engineering experience.
- Possess an advanced degree in geotechnical engineering, have experience in processing foundation reports through Caltrans, and some experience as a project manager, and be a registered civil engineer.
- A California GE or ability to quickly obtain GE is required.
- Experience with software including gINT, LPile, SlopeW, MathCAD, and CAD is preferred.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.