BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team globally, through coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently we are over 450 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, geomatics, software developers, administrators, accountants, health & safety, and human resources professionals. We offer you the potential to work on the world's most recognizable client projects with world class technical experts in applied earth sciences complemented with a strong focus on career development, while also promoting a social environment that encourages a healthy work-life balance. BGC has offices in Santiago, Chile, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, as well as multiple offices in Canada and the United States.Our flat management structure that emphasizes teamwork and shared leadership at all levels, and unique culture, create a work environment where employees can grow professionally and work with fantastic teams.
- Act as a technical lead and technical reviewer for hydrotechnical or hydrogeological site characterization and assessment, numerical modeling, design and construction.
- Lead and support business development and strategic initiatives including identifying new opportunities, identifying and promoting BGC’s unique capabilities and capacity to undertake innovative and advanced hydrotechnical or hydrogeological projects.
- Manage projects, including proposals, budgets, schedules, staffing, and scope.
- Manage and work effectively within multi-disciplinary project teams, potentially working in remote and challenging environments.
- Occasional travel to project locations and Client and BGC offices.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior, intermediate and senior professional staff in the field and office.
- Helping promote BGC vision, values and culture amongst BGC staff
- 20 years or more of relevant professional experience.
- Professional Engineer or Geologist in Chile required; other locations beneficial.
- A fundamental understanding of hydraulics, hydrology, hydrogeology, water quality, hydrotechnical or hydrogeological design, and/or river engineering, combined with the ability to integrate and work with geotechnical disciplines, is essential.
- A thorough understanding of the laws and regulations governing water (surface and/or groundwater) use, allocation and environmental assessment in Chile is essential. Working knowledge of the laws and regulations for the same background in other South American countries (e.g., Argentina, Peru) an asset.
- Experience in mine site environmental assessments, water management, flood risk studies, dam safety evaluations, mine prefeasibility/feasibility studies and external review projects is an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills in Spanish and English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Role is based in BGC’s Santiago office BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefits package, and maintains a casual but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send an English version of your resume and a cover letter in confidence to: [email protected] We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity & inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.