Job No503233Work TypeFull TimeLocationAustralia - QLD/NT: Gold CoastCategoriesCivil Infrastructure: Geotechnical
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources. With 16,000 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our office in the Gold Coast. With 6+ years of experience in Civil Engineering with a focus on Geotech Engineering, you will play a key role in:
- Building SMEC's reputation locally, nationally and internationally as a leading consultant with a strong reputation for innovation, technical excellence, quality and project delivery
- Building strong and sustainable relationships with existing or new clients
- When required, providing project governance, at project director level, to achieve reliable project performance in terms of sophistication, timeliness and quality
- Supporting our regional management team in Australia to provide leadership to employees to ensure cohesion, optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Civil Engineering. Post graduate qualification in Geotech Engineering is desirable.
- Good industry awareness
- Ability to manage client relationships and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Able to undertake some travel (domestic or international)
What we offer
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.Learn more about SMEC:http://www.smec.com/en_au http://smec.com/infocus/
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Nicholas Fischer-White – firstname.lastname@example.orgTo find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careersAll recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.Advertised12 February 2020 12:00am - AUS Eastern Daylight TimeApplications Close13 March 2020 11:55pm - AUS Eastern Daylight Time