Job No503303Work TypeFull TimeLocationAustralia - NSW/ACT: CanberraAustralia - NSW/ACT: SydneyCategoriesHot Jobs: Hot JobsEnvironment and Sustainability: Environmental Impact Assessment and PlanningEnvironment and Sustainability: Contaminated Land Management
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.InfrastructureAt SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources. Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Scientist to join the Contaminated Land team in Sydney or Canberra.With 5+ years’ experience, you will assist in delivering cross functional projects within the Environmental discipline.Key Responsibilities include:
- Contaminated land assessments including creating interpretative reports.
- Environmental assessment and planning including risk assessments.
- Field work including collecting soil, water and air samples from sites across NSW and Australia.
- Soil logging and classification.
- Build and maintain effective relationships internally and externally to ensure effective client management.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Tertiary education in Environmental Science or similar
- Passionate about the environment and conservational efforts
- Experience in facilitating a range of environmental approvals with approval and regulatory authorities
- Excellent reporting and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and good interpersonal skills
- Experience working with contaminated land, PFAS and Hazardous Materials.
- Valid Drivers’ License with the ability to travel.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMECWrap upAs an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.Learn more about SMEC:http://www.smec.com/en_au http://smec.com/infocus/
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Teresa Chan on email@example.comAll recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.Advertised22 January 2020 12:00am - AUS Eastern Daylight TimeApplications Close21 February 2020 11:55pm - AUS Eastern Daylight Time