503157Work TypeFull TimeLocationBangladesh and Nepal: BangladeshCategoriesCivil Infrastructure: Tunnels
- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC has joined forces with Surbana Jurong to provide global engineering and consultancy expertise in urban, infrastructure and management advisory. Our new partnership has created a talent pool of 16,000 dedicated people working across a network of 120 offices in 40 countries.SMEC employs passionate and innovative people who are driven to deliver exceptional outcomes and who want to feel valued in a diverse and inclusive workplace.We are committed to developing our people. We encourage them to see things differently, to be creative, to push boundaries and to work on a broad range of projects that help build a better future.Consistently recognized for technical excellence and design innovation, SMEC continues to receive industry awards and accolades from around the world. Engineering News Record (ENR) currently ranks SMEC in the top 27 of the ‘2019 Top 225 International Design Firms’.The roleThis is an exciting opportunity for a Construction Manager to join a leading infrastructure consultancy and contribute to the growth and development of a business with a reputation for technical excellence and strong client relationships.
- Report to the Project Manager and review submissions for all issues of procurement,
manufacturing, construction, testing and commissioning.
- Provide all assistance to the Project Manager in all relevant matters.
- Review and comment the contractor’s temporary works and detailed erection proposals of construction works
- Make sure that the works are being carried out in compliance with specifications and standards
- Tasks Assigned by Project Manager / Team Leader
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- B.Sc. Engg. (Civil) with 25 years of Professional Experience
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience including 5 years of experience in similar capacity and involved for at least 5 years for tunneling projects in advanced economies.
- Should have handled as Team Leader or similar capacity at least two EPB or Slurry TBM tunnel
projects of at least 2 km length and 6 m diameter for traffic tunnels (road, rail, metro).
- Proven record of supervising, organizing and managing of project preparation and construction of tunnel projects.
How to applyAll applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.Advertised05 November 2019 12:00am - Bangladesh Standard TimeApplications Close20 February 2020 11:55pm - Bangladesh Standard Time