Project Engineer - Geotechnical
HBK is searching for a Geotechnical Engineer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.Description:
- The person in this position will work on a variety of consulting projects involving traditional geotechnical engineering analysis and designs related to:
- shallow and deep foundations.
- slope stability and earth stabilization.
- bearing capacity.
- settlement analysis.
- earth and rock engineering.
- horizontal Directional Drilling operations.
- earth retention and excavation support systems.
- dewatering operations.
- This position could include:
- performing geotechnical computer modeling.
- specifying investigation programs, testing protocols and interpreting geotechnical investigations.
- overseeing on-site and in-laboratory material testing, and instrumentation installations.
- conceptual and value engineering with emphasis on constructability issues.
- Projects will focus on geotechnical design and analysis including the preparation of:
- calculations and plans (including CADD work).
- technical memos, reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- The position will include field work such as:
- construction observation.
- subsurface investigations, in-situ testing, surveying, materials testing, and facility inspections.
- managing selected project tasks for scope, schedule, and budget compliance.
- M.S. Degree in geotechnical engineering with additional coursework in structural engineering or rock mechanics.
- PE registration required or in the process of examination for current students.
- 3 – 8 years of relevant work experience with traditional geotechnical engineering
- Strong technical skills in a wide range of geotechnical analysis and design.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to modify personal schedule as required to meet project deadlines and/or client needs.
- Computer skills including CADD, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Geotechnical computer modeling capabilities.
Travel: Minimal travel required.Primary Location: Chicago, ILOther Location: Chicago Van Buren OfficeOffers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.