Under limited direction, the Geotechnical Engineer will work on help with residential and commercial development, such as foundations, retaining walls, slop stability and other land development applications. If you are serious, dedicated and driven to uncover new and exciting solutions, then Wood Rodgers is for you.We bring new ways of solving old problems. We are inventors, we ask ‘why not?’ and we challenge convention. Sound like you? Read on: What you will be doing
- Preparation of engineering analysis, designs, and calculations for private improvements and public works projects.
- Work with drill rigs and perform test hits for technical analysis
- Preparation of reports
- Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and practices.
- Monitor and coordinate tasks and coordinate with project team members toward completion of projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required
- E.I.T required, P.E. desired (as long as you are working towards obtaining your P.E.).
- 2 years minimum experience required performing the essential duties listed above
- Demonstrated knowledge of Geotechnical engineering and practices
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel etc.)
Things we’d like to see (Desired)
- Registration as a Professional Engineer
- Experience with relevant software such as Slide 7.0 and gINT is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions regarding complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to gather, organize and analyze engineering data and make comprehensive reports
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage a variety of engineering functions
- Ability to work as a member of an engineering team
- Demonstrated ability to relate effectively with those contacted in the course of work; communicate effectively both orally in and in writing
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
If you are serious, dedicated and driven to uncover new and exciting solutions, then go to our website at www.woodrodgers.com to learn more or to apply for this position.