SME is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer for a regular, full-time position to join our team in our Columbus, Ohio office. This is a key role within our Geotechnical Services team. Activities will include working with key clients and prospects to secure business opportunities, and managing a wide variety of engineering and design projects.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Identifying and securing clients and business/project opportunities both independently and in support of other local, regional and corporate business development activities.
• Preparing successful proposals, negotiating professional service fees and contracts.
• Identifying and participating in professional and business organizations and other networking activities that will foster relationships with clients and potential clients.
• Learning about other SME services to assist in promoting and expanding geotechnical and other SME services to new and existing clients.
• Preparing design calculations, drawings and specifications for earth retention, grouting, deep foundation, and reinforced earth systems projects.
• Completing analytical modeling for geotechnical evaluations.
• Preparing geotechnical evaluation reports.
• Mentoring and leading project team members to successfully complete assigned responsibilities.
Requirements for this position include:
• A minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects and maintaining/developing clients.
• A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering whose area of specialization is Geotechnical Engineering.
• Professional Registration
• Preference will be given to candidates who have related experience in consulting engineering practice and familiarity with MathCAD, Slide, CT-shoring and Allpile or LPile.
• Ability to build a practice by bringing or establishing a network of prospects and clients to get new business.
• Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
• A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner.
• A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
• Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects and,
• Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as-needed basis.
SME offers excellent opportunities for professional development, growth, leadership, and ownership in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/optical, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
For immediate consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.