The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We are hiring a Principal Geotechnical Engineer into our Morristown, NJ office!
• Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure the goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes and maintains relationships for future on potential projects.
• Provides supervision and technical guidance to Project Manager(s), Project Engineers and Designers in the Geotechnical Group
• Establishes and implements staffing plans to permit effective handling of current and projected workloads
• Directs/guides responsible Project Managers to take appropriate corrective actions in a timely manner.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with clients.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Initiates and reviews price proposals. Participate in interviews and presentations as applicable.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned. Informs Operations Manager of potential opportunities to market services.
• Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develops reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• Assures that the project team complies with the contract agreement and exercises cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering required.
• Master degree is required is preferred
• Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
• At least 20 years experience including geotechnical evaluations, soil and rock classification, design and analysis of deep and shallow foundations, slope stability analyses, liquefaction analyses, ground improvements and ground retention systems is required
• Experience developing contract documents, plans, details and specifications.
• Experience working with Contractors on large scale Design-Build construction projects.
• Must have flexibility to include occasional travel for assignments.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with geotechnical design software programs.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.