WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International’s Construction Services staff supports clients by acting as their trusted on-site agent through all phases of construction, from pre-design to close-out, by providing qualified construction managers, inspectors, constructability reviewers, schedulers, estimators and safety experts. As new technologies evolve throughout the construction industry, innovative ideas are required to maintain and deliver successful construction projects.
Under the direction of the Project Supervisor, the Transportation Construction Inspector will monitor and document that the roadway and/or bridge project is being built in accordance with the plans and specifications.
· Inspect various facets of work on the construction site
· Take field measurements and perform calculations
· Prepare relevant inspection reports
· Verify that appropriate materials and construction processes are being used
· Ensure that construction conforms to the project plans, specifications, and special provisions
· Perform other duties as assigned
· High School Diploma (or equivalent) and valid driver’s license
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is preferred.
· 1-3 years of experience working in a construction related field
· ACI Field Technician Certification, PennDOT Concrete Technician Certification, NECEPT Field Technician Certification, NICET Certification in Heavy Highway Construction, CDS NeXtGen Certification, ECMS Wave 5 training, Materials Testing or Bridge Condition Inspection, and Troxler Nuclear Gauge Certification are desirable
· Previous experience working on PennDOT or Pennsylvania Turnpike highway and/or bridge projects is preferred
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to navigate through company internet based systems.
· Ability to sometimes work in adverse weather conditions. Must be physically able to perform moderately strenuous tasks which includes walking along rough terrain, climbing ladders and lifting up to 50 pounds.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.