WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICE
Michael Baker International’s civil engineering professionals manage and staff active projects in over 40 countries on five continents. Services are provided for a broad range of projects and capabilities, including highways, airports, bridges, rail and transit systems, government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, oil and gas infrastructure, and commercial/urban development. Our fields of expertise span all areas of civil engineering and include an extensive variety of specialty disciplines, such as environmental compliance and restoration, coastal engineering, urban development, and mining.
Michael Baker International is seeking a Civil Engineering Project Manager to join the team in our Moon Township, PA office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of civil engineering projects including Oil & Gas (well pads, compression & associated facilities), Land Development (retail, commercial, industrial & military) and other types of civil engineering projects (dams, landfills, municipal).
The Civil Engineering Project Manager will conduct internal planning meetings as well as meetings with clients, contractors and other staff. They will work independently as well as lead a team to complete design drawings, technical specifications and reports, review field related data, develop technical proposals (including detailed scope of work, schedule and budget estimates) and other project deliverables required by the client. They will also be responsible for training and mentoring other staff within the Department. Other duties may include reaching out to new and existing clients to coordinate business development activities.
· Lead design project teams and mentor new staff
· Serve as the primary point of contact for our clients; interact and coordinate with internal clients
· Occasionally conduct site visits and attend client meetings
· Communicate with clients regarding project deliverables, project controls and change management items
· Define scope of work and man-hour requirements; ensure that task and project schedules as well as budgets are met
· Responsible for proposal production and implementing marketing/business development initiatives
· Prepare documents for regulatory agencies to obtain required permits
· Maintain technical knowledge through completion of various training initiatives
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
· 7-10 year of related engineering design and management experience
· Pennsylvania P.E. license, or ability to obtain reciprocity within 6 months
· Experience working in and managing a diverse staff in multiple disciplines
· Excellent technical writing and public/client presentation capabilities as well as project and resource management skills
· Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts
· Proficiency with AutoCAD and civil design software is a plus
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access)
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.