• Ensure that the project and team is properly launched and the project schedule is accurate, realistic, and meeting the contractual terms
• Provide changes to the project that are properly managed and risks are assessed
• Establish the project organization, roles and reporting structure
• Assure the project is following all Safety and Quality guidelines and policies
• Approve all key project deliverables
• Initiate project reviews and supporting the process of review with project team
• Administer the contract terms, resolving conflicts and negotiating PCO’s
• Resolve conflict and removing obstacles to progress
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university recommended
• At least 10+ years’ related experience and/or training, specifically in the heavy civil/ specialty foundations construction industry
• Experience leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes relative to large construction projects.
• Competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations
• Must be able to regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen
• Occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Relocation or temporary job assignment to projects is required
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (50-75%)
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Engineer, Project Manager, Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Technology, Management