At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Bridge Engineer, we'll count on you to:
• Apply structural engineering and detailing techniques
• Work on projects that typically include bridge (steel plate girder, prestress concrete, segmental and cable) box culvert, and interchange design for highway and railway projects
• Select standard bridge engineering/design procedures, develop structural details using specialized structural design and analysis software, and perform structural load calculations and assist with geometric layout and quantity development
• Review, assign work and/or check design calculations, estimates, and specifications produced by junior engineers and EITs
Keyword(s); Bridge Engineer, Structural Engineer, *LI-MP1
• Bachelor's /Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• 5+ years bridge design experience
• EIT is required. PE is preferred but will consider someone on track to PE.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, MicroStation, AutoCAD, MathCAD, LARSA, LEAP, Prestress Concrete Design
• Experience using structural analysis programs and bridge design software
• Experience managing junior staff
• Excellent communication skills and working in a team environment
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
Location(s): Boston, MA, Portland, ME, Glastonbury, CT
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.