SME is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer for a regular, full-time Project Engineer position to join our Team in our Indianapolis, Indiana office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Provide engineering and consulting services for a wide variety of projects and clients.
• Performing field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and providing comprehensive recommendations to clients both verbally and within written reports.
• Management of proposals (including preparation and cost estimates), projects, invoicing and collections.
• Management and technical direction of drilling crews, sub-consultants, laboratory staff, technicians and other engineering staff that may be associated with projects under your supervision.
• Learning about other SME services to assist in promoting and expanding geotechnical and other SME services to new and existing clients.
Requirements for this position include:
• A minimum of 5 years of geotechnical experience.
• A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering whose area of specialization is Geotechnical Engineering.
• Indiana Professional Registration.
• Experience with foundation design (shallow and deep), pavement design, retaining wall design, slope stability design and evaluation, and seismic related design and evaluation.
• Related geophysical experience.
• Preference will be given to candidates who have related experience in consulting engineering practice and familiarity with MathCAD, Slide, CT-shoring and Allpile or LPile.
• Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
• A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner.
• A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
• Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects.
• Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as-needed basis.
SME offers excellent opportunities for professional development and growth in a flexible, fast-paced working environment. Our robust benefits package for regular, full-time team members includes: Medical/Prescription coverage with no premiums required; dental/optical, life, disability and long-term care insurance coverage; matching 401(k); Profit Sharing; tuition reimbursement (up to $5000 per calendar year); and generous bonus and paid time off programs. SME is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran/military status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. SME is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.