At McLaren Engineering, we believe it is the optimal mix of talent, experience, passion and creativity that sets an engineering firm apart from its competition. The successes experienced by our Clients through their projects have proven that we can bring any thought, vision or daydream to fruition. There are no limitations, no boundaries, to the engineering challenges McLaren can meet.
About this division: The Marine division is a highly collaborative team. With a group of design specialists and full-time underwater inspectors, we offer a special skillset to achieve client preferences.
As a Senior Project Engineer, the incumbent will be assisting a highly professional engineering team that provides consulting services to clients around the world. The principal function of this position is to oversee, and occasionally be part of a team that evaluates marine structures. The Senior Project Engineer will direct and lead team members in the planning, execution, and deliverable phases of a project, as required, and be responsible for developing Project Engineers.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Provide technical leadership in the marine structures, port, geotechnical and under water discipline;
• Serve as a technical manager on large, complex waterfront, marine and structural engineering projects and programs. Manage technical components of projects and contracts, ensure that the scope of work is fulfilled, projects remain on schedule and within budget;
• Work collaboratively with all members of the engineering groups and multidiscipline design/engineering jobs;
• Analyze deteriorated components, assess remaining capacities;
• Solve engineering problems and challenges;
• Partner with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects;
• Prepare plans, designs, drawings, specifications, calculations and cost estimates;
• Provide engineering assessments, opinions and services as required;
• Work collaboratively with members of all company disciplines;
• Develop rehabilitation design packages for marine structures;
• Prepare engineering reports and other technical documents; and
• Serve as an expert on waterfront structural design.
Qualifications and Skills Required
• BS degree or higher in Structural, Geotechnical or Civil Engineering;
• 5-8 years previous related experience;
• PE License;
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team, with strong attention to detail;
• Strong technical written and verbal communication skills;
• Good planning, organizational and time management skills;
• Minimum four years of relevant experience on infrastructure and facilities projects, with particular emphasis on inspection and design of waterfront, coastal and maritime structures including piers, wharves, bulkheads, seawalls, fendering, bridges, shorelines, floating structures and port terminals;
• Minimum two years’ experience in geotechnical foundations and marine foundations including piles, bulkheads, dredging and shorelines;
• Experience as a design structural engineer working with concrete, steel, masonry and wood with an understanding of the corresponding design Codes and Specifications;
• Experience in lead design roles for waterfront projects; and
• Ability to independently produce condition reports, designs drawings, estimates and technical specifications