Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem solving-ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is currently seeking a Geotechnical Assistant Project Manager with strong technical skills to work in the transportation and water/wastewater infrastructure, government buildings, developers, and institutions market sectors to assist in management of projects that require site characterization, engineering design of foundations and below-grade structures, and field support during construction. We offer new engineers the opportunity to work on challenging geotechnical and environmental services projects for a wide range of clients. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing group and company. This position will be located in our McLean, Virginia office.
The successful candidate will:
• Understand client needs and can develop strong client relationships.
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Partner with and support Project Managers on all aspects the project to address client goals and objectives.
• Play a key role in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
• Plan and direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
• Effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings.
• Evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
• Have experience with geotechnical laboratory test selection and evaluation.
• Be capable of assisting management of financial, technical, and personnel aspects of projects.
• Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary, and scheduling requirements.
• Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
• Learn and become proficient in Haley & Aldrich processes and systems for project technical execution and project financial management.
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering
• 5-7 years of related geotechnical engineering experience
• Professional registration (EIT, PE) strongly preferred.
• Experience in planning and directing geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
• Experience with preparing recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings, evaluating seismic hazards including liquefaction.
• Experience with transportation infrastructure, mid-and high-rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, slope stability, retaining wall design and ground improvements techniques
• Basic skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and quality objectives and client expectations
• Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in industry standard software
• Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail is expected
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to work in teams to see projects through to completion are a must
• Recent experience with VDOT and/or Government Agency projects are a plus
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more. Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.