Haley & Aldrich is a 600+ person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of the culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
The Buildings & Infrastructure Division at Haley & Aldrich is currently seeking an entry level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to work in a technical support role with highly skilled professionals on diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. We offer new engineers the opportunity to work on challenging geotechnical and environmental services projects for a wide range of clients. This position entails travel to job sites and working outside of the office setting some of the time conducting site and subsurface characterization for environmental and geotechnical projects and/or monitoring contractor's geotechnical and environmental-related activities during construction. This position will be located in the Boston, MA office.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
• Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
• Monitor subsurface exploration activities that include the use of test boring and geoprobe rigs, and machine excavated test pits to gather soil and bedrock samples.
• Conduct field investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards and other industry standard guidelines.
• Conduct geotechnical and environmental engineering analyses.
• Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
• Use of various geotechnical and environmental instrumentation and equipment.
• Support preparation of written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs.
• Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and Haley & Aldrich.
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or related field
• Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering is a plus
• 0 to 2 years of related civil engineering experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
• Ability and interest in obtaining professional engineering registration; has or applies for initial professional certification in their core discipline (EIT or FE)
• Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
• Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
• OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred but not required
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich is a nation-wide community, richly connected by networks of extraordinary people who seek to make the world a better place. We believe in creating potential through our people. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity where you can collaborate, fully engage, learn and put your expertise to work to handle important challenges, we want to talk with you! We offer excellent career growth, a highly competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability; 401K with match; generous vacation plan and paid time off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care and more.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.haleyaldrich.com/join-us/open-positions.
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally protected status.