GAI Consultants, Inc. is looking for an Geotechnical Engineer-in-training to support our Pittsburgh, PA office. Under the direction of the Geotechnical Group Manager, this individual will provide geotechnical engineering support for projects in the Energy, Transportation and Community Development business units.
Join GAI and make your mark among a team of engineering, planning, and environmental consultants that provides innovative solutions to energy, transportation, development, government, and industrial clients worldwide . 60+ years strong and 100-percent employee owned, GAI is the right place for talented and motivated individuals who seek to distinguish themselves in a company poised for unlimited growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform geotechnical engineering assignments involving subsurface investigations for a variety of facilities including, but not limited to: foundations for transmission lines, buildings, bridges, retaining walls and other structures; designs for natural gas pipelines and compressor stations; design of residual waste landfills and impoundments; and other typical geotechnical projects.
• Prepare proposals, budgets, schedules, calculations, specifications and reports.
• Prepare geotechnical engineering designs involving: rock/soil slope stability; cut slope and fill embankment design; landslide stabilization (reinforcement with rock anchors/ soil nails, GRS slopes); geotechnical field instrumentation; soil reinforcement and ground improvement techniques (CMCs, compaction grouting, stone columns); sheet pile/retaining walls (gravity walls, soldier pile and lagging walls, MSE walls, T-walls); shallow and deep foundations (spread footings, driven piles, micropiles, drilled shafts).
• Present a positive image of GAI when interacting with clients, contractors, oversight agencies and the public.
• 1 to 5 years' experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering required. Master's degree, preferred
• EIT Certification / Passing F.E. strongly preferred
• Must be detail oriented and have a "Client First" approach to all interactions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills a must
• Must be able to travel and work out of the office, including overnight trips. In state travel is a requirement and extended field assignments are likely. There may be also up to 50% out of state travel associated with this position on a specific basis to assist other offices.
• A current Driver’s License is required.