GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is seeking a Structural/GeoStructural Engineer to join our team in the technical execution of transportation, building, energy and other infrastructure projects in heavy civil industry. A strong academic record, civil engineering skills, analytical and communications skills, and a willingness to travel locally and regionally are essential for this position.
As a Structural/GeoStructural Engineer, you will work on a wide variety of exciting projects amongst a team of dedicated project managers and principals. Our close-knit culture here at GZA will allow you to apply your expertise and diversify your skill set by participating in challenging projects. You will be mentored by seasoned registered Professional Engineers, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment.
• Performing technical aspects of projects under the supervision of project managers or principals.
• Working with project teams on structural/geostructural engineering projects that involve design, field work, data collection and evaluation, and structural/geostructural engineering analysis for transportation, building, waterfront, energy, and other infrastructure projects.
• Working with the design team for design and detailing of temporary design works such as temporary support structures, permanent structures, shielding, erection, demolition engineering, temporary and permanent earth support structures, tunnels, temporary work trestles, deep and shallow foundations and geo-structural engineering.
• Performing detailed structural analysis and design using structural, geotechnical and spreadsheet software.
• Performing inspections and structural observations and developing reports of findings.
• Performing structural calculations for construction equipment working on bridges and inside of buildings.
• Writing drafts of field and engineering reports.
• Operation and oversight of structural and geotechnical engineering systems, including data collection and system maintenance and repairs.
• Reducing engineering data and creating interpretive reports for clients, preparing plans and construction documents.
• Conducting structural investigations in connection with building and infrastructure projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required. (Master’s Degree is a plus).
• 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Fluent in one or more Autodesk CADD (computer-aided drafting & design) programs.
• REVIT is a plus.
• Experience with Structural/ Geotechnical Engineering Software and spreadsheets is preferred.
• Highly motivated self-starter with a professional attitude.
• Strong communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to perform field tasks and activities.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to travel at local and regional levels.
• 10-hour OSHA Construction Safety and Health Certificate is a plus.
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training is a plus.
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.