T.Y. Lin International is seeking an Engineer-in-training (EIT) and/or Engineer who will be responsible for participating in the planning and design of public storm water and drainage related projects, including hydrologic and hydraulic studies, planning documents, and design plans.
• Strong involvement and participation in planning studies as well as the preparation of design plans for a variety of drainage project types
• Typical projects include storm water master drainage studies and plans, roadway drainage systems, storm drain systems, retention/detention basins, and channelization projects
• Calculate quantities and prepare engineering estimates
• Prepare technical reports, letters, and memos for development of storm water projects
• Perform preliminary field investigations and existing data research to be used in preparation of a working project base file
• Other assignments as needed
Requires Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering. Qualified applicant will have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (FE) and, if applicable, the Professional Engineer’s exam (PE - licensed in Arizona) and will have 0-3 years’ experience. Depending upon the years of experience, the applicant should have varying proficiency in the following computer software. AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation and drainage design software (StormCAD) desired. High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. HEC-1, HEC-RAS and FLO-2D experience is strongly preferred. Proficiency in technical writing and preparing reports. Familiarity with the following additional software is also desired: ESRI ArcGIS, HEC-RAS, FlowMaster, CulvertMaster and HY-8.