WSP Opus are a team of experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we're creating innovative solutions for future generations.
Needed is a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Alexandra or Queenstown office. You will provide consultancy services to our clients in the areas of Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Pavements and Tunnelling across the lower South Island. In particular, the successful candidate will complete site investigations, analysis, reporting, design, and construction observations for a wide array of leading civil and environmental infrastructure projects, including buildings, bridges, roading, water and wastewater, power and land development projects. If you are a natural collaborator and enjoy working in a supportive team environment, this is a great opportunity to join the WSP Opus team.
• Provide assistance to clients in the preparation of design briefs for projects including preliminary programming and estimates
• The preparation of fee estimates, methodology and schedules to ensure that projects operate on a profitable basis, with appropriate technical content and timeliness.
• Planning and execution of geotechnical site investigations.
• Geotechnical analysis and design of civil engineering works.
• Construction management of civil engineering works.
• Production of technical reports and construction documents (e.g. specifications and drawings).
You will have:
• Appropriate tertiary qualification
• Chartered or near chartered with Engineering New Zealand (Formerly IPENZ) or equivalent.
• Current clean Drivers Licence
• Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in engineering, predominantly the geotechnical field
• Strong organisational ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
WSP Opus is closed from the 24th of December and will open again on the 7th of January. All applications will be responded to in January once the office has re-opened.
And how about you? You'll be agile, invested in your career and have the technical expertise and the commercial acuity to contribute to our business. In return, we'll offer you a career-defining role, interesting and meaningful projects and the opportunity to work with world-leading experts. At WSP Opus we foster a culture of collaboration, innovation and success.