The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The challenge? Developing the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Jacobs, has a great opportunity for a Geotechnical EIT to join our New York City, NY office.
As our Geotechnical EIT you will have the opportunity to follow projects from concept through the construction phase working on current and upcoming design-build projects. Your experience with design assignments in foundation engineering, soil mechanics, earth retaining structures, and seismic design, pipe jacking, and ground improvement will contribute to your success.
Our Geotechnical EITs:
• Participate in field assignments that will include observation of explorations (soil and rock borings, test pits, CPT soundings, geophysical testing) and geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring; and inspection of earth retaining structures, deep foundations (drilled shafts, driven piles), pipe jacking, and shallow foundations.
• Design foundations, earth retaining structures, ground improvement, embankment and cut slopes, and both soft and hard rock tunnels.
• Perform earthquake hazard evaluations, including site-specific site response analysis and liquefaction potential analysis. Analyze laboratory testing results and select geotechnical design parameters. Prepare and review technical reports, data reports and geotechnical interpretative reports.
• Use computer programs including Settle3D, Slide, APILE, LPILE, Shaft, Group, DeepXcav, GRLWeap, Plaxis, and FLAC to complete engineering analysis and prepare design calculations. Prepare design drawings and construction specifications.
• Work in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams across North America and the world. Share technical knowledge across geographical boundaries to foster innovative project solutions.
• Possess an outgoing and positive attitude, are dependable and meet all assigned project deadlines.
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Bachelor of Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering is required
• Masters of Science with emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred
• At least 2 years of field experience in Geotechnical Engineering is required
• Registered EIT is required
• At least 2 years expreince using Settle3D, Slide, APILE, LPILE, Shaft, Group, DeepXcav, WEAP, Slide, GRPWeap, Plaxis and FLAC are preferred
• Candidate will be expected to demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of the principles of soil and rock mechanics.
• Field investigation experience such as permitting, various type of drilling, and laboratory test assignment are preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.