A leading Downstream Refining and Petrochemical company is currently seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer with a strong focus in downstream derivatives type projects for a long-term contract opportunity in Houston and Port Arthur, TX.
- Responsible for Project Delivery plan development and execution for projects assigned.
- Responsible for flawless start up and operation of civil/structural equipment.
- Integrate input from Project Premises and other disciplines to develop Basis of Design for civil/structural equipment.
- Responsible to deliver civil/structural equipment designs that:
- Comply with the clients Standards and obtain derogations where appropriate,
- Are safe and clean to operate. This includes personal safety, process safety, and environmental.
- Are operable and maintainable, and
- Have acceptable life cycle cost and deliver a design consistent with business and project premises.
- Responsible for technical requirements in purchase orders and minimization of purchase order addendums.
- Apply best practices in civil/structural equipment design, maintenance, and operation.
- Participate or facilitate project design reviews to ensure safe operation and design of equipment and related changes, apply engineering technology to improve safety and environmental related issues
- Provide civil/structural equipment technical assurance support to Process Engineering, Process Safety, Project Engineering and other technical groups in the development and implementation of projects.
- Coordinate field and shop performance tests on civil/structural equipment/installations as requested/required
- Works with design resources to achieve designs that are cost effective and technically sound so that all projects are designed efficiently, cost effectively, and have operability against the project premises.
- Works closely with subcontract engineers and/or designers to coordinate their activities and to ensure the subcontractor's work is checked and meets the company’s standards and quality requirements.
- Documents and maintains all communication that impacts technical decisions.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, technical material suppliers, and technical service providers.
- 6+ years of professional Civil/Structural experience preferably supporting Chemicals/Refining operations and/or projects.
- Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred Technical skills:
- Geotechnical engineering(soils)
- Civil Construction QA
- Storage tank foundations
- Roads, Bridges, Trestles and RR Tracks
- Pipe racks and equipment supports
- Scaffolding and shoring
- Secondary containment (dikes, berms, firewalls
- Experience in Civil/Structural equipment selection and bid tab evaluation
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed