Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.
We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
To provide engineering related design, analysis, and studies for geotechnical and Heavy Civil projects, including tunnels and large diameter pipelines. Focus will be on Houston and Texas markets. This person will function as a technical specialist supporting project and pursuit teams on Heavy Civil projects. May supervise multi-discipline engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity and is responsible for execution of assigned projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support geotechnical and Heavy Civil Business Line projects including Tunnels, Dams, Buried Infrastructure, and Hydro Practice Pursuits
* Performs site visits of on-going construction work and overseeing geotechnical field investigations, may require up to 30% field work.
* Prepares design materials for basic design assignments. This includes basic analysis, design calculations, equipment research, sketches, etc., required to prepare documents, specifications drawings or to meet other project requirements.
* Reviews manufacturer's drawings with respect to B&V design criteria; marks for conformance.
* Prepares design sketches for drafting and incorporation into design criteria.
* Develops preliminary layouts and other plans.
* Coordinates, as assigned, design with other personnel working on same project to minimize design conflicts.
* Performs special studies or analyses of specific portions of a project; study includes research, investigation or coordination.
* Coordinates with personnel in other departments, project managers and client personnel to review designs and resolve areas of concern.
* Supervises the engineering work of assigned Drafters, Designers, and subordinate Engineers. This includes work assignments, scheduling and review.
* Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work for an assigned portion of a major project or the total project of moderate scope.
* Develops alternate methods, techniques or design concepts as required to resolve unique design problems.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Education: Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either an ABET accredited program in the USA or an engineering program, offered by a foreign institution, accepted as valid in the home country or the country in which the individual is practicing. The incumbent must have the Professional Engineer (PE) license in the USA or be in active pursuit of such registration if not already registered or foreign registration, if available, which is accepted as valid in the home country or the country in which the individual is practicing, or active pursuit of registration acceptable in the country of practice.
* Experience: Minimum of 7 years of experience performing engineering related duties.