SME is seeking a regular, full-time Pavement Engineer to join our growing Pavement Services group in our Shelby Township, Michigan office.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Designing pavements using AASHTO Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design Guide (MEPDG);
• Back-calculating and analyzing Nondestructive (FWD) deflection measurements;
• Performing field condition surveys and pavement evaluations;
• Developing pavement rehabilitation plans and designs;
• Preparing pavement design and evaluation reports;
• Assisting in developing plans and specifications;
• Assisting in pavement management implementation;
• Assisting in pavement research activities;
• Collecting field data and observing pavement construction activities; and
• Reviewing concrete and asphalt Superpave mix design data.
Requirements for this position includes:
• A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization is Pavement Engineering.
• Professional Registration
• Excellent communication, report writing and customer relations skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new challenges and learn new concepts.
• A willingness to work hard in an efficient and organized manner.
• A clean driving record and experience driving in the U.S.
• Willingness to travel to cover out-of-town overnight projects and,
• Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on an as-needed basis.