Explore a different kind of company - one that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards. We provide world-class engineering and scientific solutions to our clients in the Mining, Energy, Transportation and Development sectors. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and fields of study. They represent the best in their respective disciplines and specializations. Together, they make it possible to assemble multidisciplinary teams that provide clients with a full-service approach to their unique needs.
From our roots (as EBA Engineering Consultants), and now Tetra Tech Canada, we have progressively expanded since our inception in 1966 and, today, clients are served by more than 1000 engineers, scientists, technologists, and support staff from offices across Canada. We are a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. Since 2010, we are part of the Canadian family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over 16,000 employees worldwide.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking a Senior Rock Geotechnical Engineer to support our growing Rock Engineering Group. The Rock Engineering Group based out of Vancouver is an integral part of Tetra Tech, and is a technical resource for the company as a whole. Consequently, the successful candidate will be required to work on a diverse range of challenging projects. Recent projects include open pit and underground mine stability assessments (to a detailed design level) in western Canada, rock engineering on "run of the river" hydro-electric projects, rock slope and tunneling inspection, assessment, design and construction / stabilization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing both civil engineering projects with a primary project focus on rock slope stability, underground tunnel and rock foundation design. The candidate will work, manage, design, implement and oversee both projects from inception to construction. In addition to managing projects and providing technical direction to project engineers, the individual will be expected to work with other senior management in a business development and marketing role. In addition to technical issues, the successful candidate will be expected to establish and maintain client relationships, and work in a team environment. Tetra Tech have varied internally funded scientific research and engineering development projects and encourage staff to undertake such projects in collaboration with clients. Creative but practical innovation is one of our hallmarks.
· Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Mining Engineering.
· 10 years or more of industry or consulting engineering experience (less experienced candidates will be considered for other roles).
· Demonstrable on-site experience with rock engineering related to civil projects.
· Experience in numerical modelling or reviewing numerical models would be of benefit.
· The ability to establish and maintain solid client relationships.
· Demonstrated technical leadership or mentoring/training experience.
· Must be or eligible to register as a professional engineer or geoscientist in the Province of British Columbia.
· Preferably, experience working in a consulting engineering environment at a senior level.
· Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
· Preference for our Vancouver office location is desired.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (if located outside of British Columbia).
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
Online applications are preferred. Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Primary Location Canada-BC-CA-Vancouver
Organization 704 EBA
Job Posting Nov 27, 2018, 11:33:27 PM
Job Closing Date Dec 17, 2018, 8:59:00 AM