Explore a different kind of company - one that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards. We provide world-class engineering and scientific solutions to our clients in the Mining, Energy, Transportation and Development sectors. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and fields of study. They represent the best in their respective disciplines and specializations. Together, they make it possible to assemble multidisciplinary teams that provide clients with a full-service approach to their unique needs.
From our roots (as EBA Engineering Consultants), and now Tetra Tech Canada, we have progressively expanded since our inception in 1966 and, today, clients are served by more than 1000 engineers, scientists, technologists, and support staff from offices across Canada. We are a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. Since 2010, we are part of the Canadian family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over 16,000 employees worldwide.
Tetra Tech is currently looking to hire a Junior Geotechnical Engineer to be based out of either our Regina or Saskatoon office. This is an opportunity to work with world-class engineers dedicated to working on civil and geotechnical engineering projects from conceptual design to final construction. On occasion your expertise may be needed by our parent company on some of their challenging international projects.
• Conducting geotechnical investigations for commercial, industrial, and linear infrastructure (roadways, pipelines, transmission lines).
• Undertake construction monitoring including pile monitoring and material placement.
• Evaluating geologic conditions and geotechnical characteristics for assessment in the design of shallow and deep foundations, retaining structures and earth structures.
• Completing shallow and deep foundation designs.
• Conducting slope stability and embankment assessments including field instrumentation (slope inclinometers and piezometers).
• Assisting with dam safety reviews and completing remediation designs.
• Analyzing field data and assisting with the preparation of detailed engineering reports and recommendations.
• Preparing proposals and budgeting for geotechnical projects.
• Communicating with clients, sub-consultants and internal stakeholders.
• Undergraduate degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
• A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a geotechnical engineering capacity is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
• Travel will be required in this position. Candidates must be prepared to undertake field assignments. Must be physically capable of performing the required field duties.
• Must possess a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 driver's license (or equivalent).
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
• Eligible for registration as an APEGS Engineer-In-Training.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role.
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity with excellent opportunities for growth and advancement. Our competitive salary package offers a full range of benefits options including: health, dental and extended health coverage and an employer matching retirement plan.
Online applications are preferred. Tetra Tech is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Primary Location Canada-SK-CA-Regina
Organization 704 EBA
Job Posting Nov 28, 2018, 12:13:45 AM
Job Closing Date Dec 17, 2018, 8:59:00 AM