The Senior Engineer / Architect position requires a degreed professional with a minimum of eight years of relevant work experience. Experience in assessments of structural and architectural systems of buildings, parking structures, bridges, and other structures is required. In addition to the technical responsibilities, this position will actively assist the Principal overseeing the office in technical and fiscal managerial tasks, maintaining existing clients and developing new clients, to include new projects and work to further support the growth of the office. The candidate will be expected to participate in marketing and business development activities to secure new clients and contracts to expand WDP’s work in the area. The position offers ample opportunity for upward growth within the division and the company.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Oversee and implement investigations of structural and architectural systems performance problems.
- Design repairs for existing structures that have experienced structural failures, material failures, water leakage, or other moisture or weather- induced damage.
- Possess significant experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing structures.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
- Develop and grow a regional and national client base.
- Secure interesting and challenging projects.
- Actively participate at the national level on industry codes, standards, and professional committees.
- Share expertise through publishing and presenting at local and national committees and organizations.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or Architecture (other advanced degrees and education preferred).
- Licensed architect or engineer.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history.
WDP offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - 70% paid by WDP
- Fully-paid life insurance
- Paid vacation - minimum 3 weeks
- 401(k) plan with 33% company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - fully-funded by WDP
- Wellness Benefit
- Supportive and creative work environment
Apply online or email professional resume to email@example.com