The Staff Engineer/Architect I position is the entry level position for degreed professional staff with less than two years of relevant work experience. The candidate is usually not a Registered Engineer or Architect but is encouraged to actively pursue registration.
The expectation for the Staff Engineer/Architect I position is to apply their knowledge of engineering and architectural techniques, procedures, and practices to a wide variety of projects. Typical project assignments may range from conducting on-site investigations to determine the cause of a failure to participating on the design team for a major renovation or repair project. Other activities may include material or structural evaluation, diagnostic testing of building envelopes, non-destructive evaluation, instrumentation of existing buildings or structures, development of repair documents, and construction observation of projects in the field. The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential for success at WDP.
Staff Engineer/Architect I position may include the direction of technicians or other non-professional staff to perform work. Candidates should have good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely compose technical reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural, Civil, or Structural Engineering from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree with previous research experience preferred.
- EIT certification (for Engineering Majors)
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently depending on the job assignment
- Ability to work in the field and to travel depending on job assignment and work load
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Excellent grades with academic and professional references
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history
WDP offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision) - 70% paid by WDP
- Fully-paid life insurance
- Paid vacation - 3 weeks
- 401(k) plan with 33% company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - fully-funded by WDP
- Wellness Benefit
- Snacks (of course)
- Supportive and creative work environment
Apply online via Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/959715735/?pathWildcard=959715735&trk=job_capjs or email professional resume to: email@example.com