Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of 16,000 creative minds. At Arup, we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House in Australia to the 2nd Avenue Subway in New York, United States. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary teamwork. Arup’s culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically creative. We are searching for those rare individuals who are as smart and visionary as they are bold. If this sounds like you read on.
Arup’s New York office is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to provide geotechnical services to our clients for design and construction projects in New York and the Americas region.
• Planning and overseeing subsurface investigation, laboratory testing and geotechnical instrumentation monitoring programs
• Performing geotechnical design and analysis for foundations, embankments, retaining walls, excavations, tunnels and underground structures
• Performing engineering analysis using various geotechnical software for foundations, slopes, excavations, and seismic site response analyses.
• Collaborating with other disciplines and provide leadership in the design of geotechnical elements for buildings, bridges, tunnels, highways, airports, etc.
• Good knowledge in numerical modelling using geotechnical software such as PLAXIS-3D, LSDyna and FLAC will be advantageous.
• Preparing geotechnical reports and recommendations
• Preparing design drawings and technical specifications
• Preparing and defining scope for bid proposals, including methods, technical approach and cost estimates of geotechnical works
• Overseeing engineers in concept development
• Assist with administrative duties or management support as assigned by Geotechnical Group Leader
• Develop and maintain Client relationships, both internally and externally
• Assist with business development activities
Technical Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Ph.D. would be advantageous.
• PE in New York preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in geotechnical engineering practice with emphasis on buildings, heavy civil, bridges and underground structures.
• Familiarity with soil-structure interaction problems in a variety of soil conditions
• Good knowledge of federal and state/city codes
• Proven experience in geotechnical project planning, analyses, design and preparation of deliverables
• Active in professional circles and industry societies
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401K Match, time off and profit share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.