Watts Architecture & Engineering is a full service architecture and engineering
firm excelling in architecture, civil, environmental, transportation, structural,
mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering and construction
monitoring services with offices in Buffalo, Syracuse, and New York, NY.
Our Buffalo office is currently recruiting for a Resident Inspector/Construction
Monitor for a local building project. The position will represent the owner’s
interests and provide oversight of the general contractor’s conformance to
the contract documents.
• The successful candidate must have solid inspection experience and
general all-around knowledge of every aspect of building construction
including site work, foundations, structural, electrical, HVAC, fire
protection and plumbing systems.
• The position requires a degree in a related field and a minimum of 5-10
years of related experience.
• Skilled in the use of standard software applications.
• Ensure compliance with the contract requirements.
• Document the progression of work.
• Keep records.
• Respond to technical inquiries.
• Review shop drawings and material/equipment submittals.
• Resolve field problems.
• Process payment requests.
• Monitor schedule and budget.
• Provide overall project communications.