CME is a multi-talented and multi-disciplined engineering technology corporation that provides Construction Materials Evaluation and Technical Support Services to owners and professionals engaged in design, construction and maintenance of buildings and infrastructure. CME's services are provided by and under the responsible charge of in-house licensed professionals and certified technologists.
The Senior Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for managing geotechnical projects, geotechnical report preparation, geotechnical proposal preparation, and performing basic and complex geotechnical calculations. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will be a mentor to other geotechnical staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including engineering analysis, report preparation, field exploration and laboratory analysis.
- Provide mentorship to E.I.T.’s and help to professionally develop CME staff engineers.
- Evaluate ground conditions and understand their impact on design and construction.
- Perform shallow and deep foundation designs, slope stability analysis calculations and seismic assessments.
- Develop and manage geotechnical laboratory testing programs.
- Review requests for proposals (RFP’s), develop and finalize proposals, and act as division liaison with clients and CME.
- Attend geotechnical special inspection and project kick-off meetings.
- Peer review geotechnical reports prepared by other CME geotechnical engineering staff.
- Regularly communicate with clients to ensure quality of work, exceptional staff performance, and address client concerns and expectations.
- Actively participate in professional and technical organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS degree in Civil Engineering (Masters in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering preferred).
- Registration as Professional Civil Engineer in New York State within 30 days of employment.
- 10+ years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in geotechnical report preparation and development of geotechnical recommendations.
- Ability to interact with client and design team during design and construction phases of a project.
- Proficient in project management with proven ability to meet business goals.
- Strong background in soil mechanics with extensive knowledge of geotechnical analysis and laboratory testing of soil.
- Extensive experience and understanding in the provision of geotechnical engineering recommendations/soil parameters for shallow and deep foundations, pavements, site preparation and site mitigation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical engineering software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License that meets or exceeds CME’s driving requirements.
Benefits and Perks
CME offers competitive wages and all benefits listed here: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Health Savings Account, Supplemental Insurance Products, and Paid Time Off (including Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal). Some restrictions in benefits may apply to part time employees. All benefits become available to eligible employees upon completion of an eligibility period.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.