Join our team, as a Geotechnical Engineer at Hart Crowser in Honolulu, Hawaii. As a geotechnical engineer you will bring your expertise and unique solutions to highly visible and challenging projects. Our staff of engineers provide a wide range of geotechnical services, from site investigations and construction observations to state of the art designs.
- Conduct and manage geologic and geologic hazard field investigations, reconnaissance, rockfall assessments, geomorphic characterization, mapping at watershed to site-specific scales, geotechnical investigations and design, and development of construction recommendations for a variety of geologic hazard, linear corridor, commercial development, industrial development, transportation, and port/harbor projects.
- Have reasonable knowledge and network in the local region, including strong working relationships with state and local clients.
- Mentor and develop junior staff members.
- Collect and interpret aerial photographic and remote sensing data.
- Prepare geologic and geotechnical reports.
- Provide QA/QC assurance.
- Stay current in the industry by attending technical conferences and seminars.
- 4- to 10-years of related professional experience with increasing responsibility.
- Registered Hawaii PE, or ability to obtain licensing through comity.
- A team attitude and the ability to interact well with internal staff, and project teams that will include other consultants, contractors, and clients.
- Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering from an accredited program.
- Experience interacting with clients and initiating business development.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must be able to provide documentation of eligibility to work in the US. Hart Crowser has a strong commitment to provide an environment that fosters creative thinking and opportunities for professional development. As an employee-owned company, each individual contributes to the success of the firm.